By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Bad for business
ConnectSavannah Import Default Image

Police made two arrests after prostitutes were robbed at gunpoint during a “transaction.”

Rebecca Yates, 20, called police to the Econo Lodge on Abercorn saying she was robbed. She told officers she had an ad on a local adult website and serviced several customers in the past couple of days. She said the last customer pulled a gun on her during their transaction, demanded money and forced her into the bathroom.  A second male also entered the room and both men went through it looking for cash.

Yates said they stole her money and left in a dark colored sedan headed toward Toys ‘R’ Us. A witness saw two black males leaving and get into a dark car. The suspect is described as a black male, medium build with dreadlocks.

The next day police were called again by someone with an ad on a local adult website. Stephanie Feliciano, 27, called police to her room at the Econo Lodge on Gateway Boulevard after she and another girl were held at gunpoint while trying to set up a transaction. The suspect pulled a gun and demanded money and keys. He forced both women into the bathroom and went through the room taking the rest of the cash and personal items.  When the women came out of the bathroom the suspect was gone as well as their money, several personal items and a silver 1999 Lexus EX 300 (NC tag).

The suspect is a tall, thin, black male with a goatee. Feliciano and Yates were both arrested and charged with prostitution. Police are still looking for the suspects involved in the robberies and car theft. Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers at (912) 234–2020 or text CRIMES (274637). In the body type, include “CStop2020” plus the tip. Tipsters remain anonymous and may qualify for a cash reward.


• A man was charged twice by Metro Marine Patrol Officers after two boating incidents.

Francis Mathews, 54, of Port Royal Drive was arrested and released on $10,000 bond after charges of felony removal/alteration of a boat hull identification number and illegal dumping.

The charge stems from July 25 when the Police Marine Unit investigated a 20–foot Wellcraft boat that had been set adrift at the public boat ramp under Johnny Mercer Boulevard at Turners Creek. The boat had no motor and the identification numbers had been removed.

An officer traced the boat back to Mathews using a partial tag number on a pickup truck seen in the area. He admitted dumping the boat after removing the motor, thinking someone else might want it.

The following weekend, Mathews was charged with boating under the influence and operating a vessel without registration after another officer noticed him ride by in another boat with an expired registration. Those charges are pending.

• Police have charged a man in the death of a homeless woman.

Just after 5 a.m., police were flagged down by a man who told them he thought someone was dead. He directed them to a makeshift homeless camp in the treeline near Old Hitch and McAlister streets.

Police discovered Dezanne Cassandra Davis, 38, the ground, dead of stab wounds. Michael Perry, 34, was detained at the scene and taken in for questioning. He was initially arrested on a outstanding warrant separate from this incident, but has since been charged with homicide.