By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Methus Interruptus
ConnectSavannah Import Default Image

Three people are in custody following the seizure of a meth lab by the Chatham–Savannah Counter Narcotics Team (CNT).

CNT Agents working in an undercover capacity received information that several persons were gathering components needed to manufacture meth. Agents began conducting surveillance on the suspects as they collected the needed items.
CNT, with the assistance of the Pooler Police Department, had the suspects’ vehicle stopped on I–95 Southbound just north of Interstate 16.  A search resulted in the seizure of a bag containing all items needed for the manufacturing of methamphetamine.

CNT arrested 30–year–old Billy Tetley of Ludowici, 24–year–old Travis Stacey of Richmond Hill and 29–year–old Jeffrey Anderson Jr. of Garden City. Anderson Jr. was also wanted by the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office at the time of his arrest.  All three persons were charged with Manufacturing Methamphetamine and are currently being held at the Chatham County Detention Center.

• Two Savannah men are in custody after a three–block foot chase and a police canine bite between East 37th and 38th streets just after 5 p.m. Thursday.
Jeffery Williams, 23, and Marvin Bryant, 22, were arrested following the incident and charges continue to mount.

    The black Toyota Camry they apparently stole from Savannah Toyota after a burglary Dec. 7 was recovered undamaged in the 500 block of East 37th Street, along with two handguns and two laptop computers. One of the weapons had been reported stolen. Police are researching the other items.

Officers, canine officers, a Georgia state trooper and police helicopter Eagle One closed in on the Camry that had sped away from police several times since it was stolen.

Williams, the driver, pulled to the curb when he realized the helicopter was following the car and the two men ran from 37th Street through Seiler Avenue to West 38th Street where they encountered a perimeter set up by police.

Bryant clashed with K–9 Officer Flash and was transported to Memorial University Medical Center for treatment of bite wounds. Precinct detectives are investigating several burglaries and robberies to determine if the two suspects were involved in other crimes.

• The victim is in custody and a search is on for his assailant after two days of confrontations in Yamacraw Village led to shots on Factors Walk.

Maurice Leonard Baker, 25, of a Holland Drive address was transported to Memorial University Medical Center after the 6 p.m. shooting. After treatment he was charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Police are asking the public’s help in locating Charles Leonard Mobley, 18, of a Stokes Street address. Baker told police he had been robbed by Mobley twice on Monday and Tuesday in Yamacraw, during which Mobley fired a shot at him. On Thursday he was walking on Factor’s Walk and smoking marijuana when he encountered Mobley and the two exchanged gunshots at each other. Baker was shot in the foot and ran to a restaurant on River Street for aid. Mobley is described as a black male, about 5–5 and 145 pounds with brown hair and eyes. He may have a slight mustache. 

• Police are trying to identify and locate two burglars in a stolen car who struck a utility pole to avoid police cars.

The burglars were driving recklessly to avoid Southside Precinct officers responding to a burglary in progress call in the 13000 block of Canterbury Road about 10:30 a.m.

Responding officers spotted the silver Chevrolet Monte Carlo they were driving and initially attempted a traffic stop but backed away when the car sped up. Instead, Eagle 1, the SCMPD helicopter, was engaged to follow the Monte Carlo, which continued to speed away from any police car it neared.

Before Eagle 1 could get in place, officers found the car abandoned in the Habersham Woods apartment complex after it had crashed into a utility pole at White Bluff and Eisenhower. Patrol and canine officers attempted to pursue the two on foot but were unable to find them.

The burglary call began when the resident returned to find the car backed into his driveway and several televisions and baby supplies outside of the ransacked house. Most of the items were recovered.

• A Savannah man was charged with aggravated assault after firing a gun at a man legally hunting near his house.
David Hobbs, 56, who lives on Serenity Pointe was taken into custody after police ordered him out of his house.

Officers had been called to the area between Berwick Boulevard and Quacco Road just before 10 a.m. by Logan Risvold Abbot, 23. Abbot told police he was legally hunting in a large wooded area behind his residence and near Hobbs’ residence when shots were heard near his head.

He said he was in the process of securing a deer he had shot and trailed when he heard several shots and the sound of bullets coming near him, causing him to dive to the ground. He had filed reports of confrontations with Hobbs over his hunting on the property before.

As officers questioned Abbot, they heard a gunshot from the Hobbs residence and brought in other officers who ordered Hobbs out of the house. After ignoring several orders to exit, he walked out to meet officers. He was taken in to custody without incident.

A weapon was recovered in the house and shell casings were found behind it.