By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Murder in the projects
ConnectSavannah Import Default Image

A  17–year–old Savannah man arrested after a three–hour standoff with Savannah–Chatham Metropolitan Police is being charged with murder and aggravated assault.

Anthony Ingram surrendered at a house in the 1100 block of East 58th  Street about 1:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 14.

He is charged with shooting Timothy Bostic, 19, who lives in the Stiles Avenue area, and a 20–year–old man in an incident that took place in a boarded–up area of Frazier Home on Emerald Street.

Bostic underwent emergency surgery at Memorial University Medical Center where he is recovering. The other victim, who at press time has not been identified pending family notification in another state, was declared dead at the hospital.

The investigation led detectives to the 58th Street address where they attempted to talk to Ingram. When he refused to open the door, they had the house surrounded and obtained a search warrant. Ingram then yielded to requests to surrender.

Police had been called to West Broad Court in Frazier Homes off MLK Jr.  Boulevard about 12:30 a.m. early that same day to find Bostic with a gunshot wound. He said a man he referred to as his brother also had been shot in a boarded–up apartment of Frazier Homes.

After canvassing the area, Downtown Precinct patrol officers found the other man in one of the apartments with similar wounds.

Bostic told police the two men were in a transaction with a young black male who shot both men, robbed them and ran.
Bostic managed to run several hundred yards to an occupied area of the complex where he collapsed.

•  Three men are in custody after a multi–jurisdictional pursuit ended in a vacant field at Augusta Avenue and Newell Street.

Lorenzo Lazant Hall, 34, and Devante Hall, 19, both of the 200 block of Eagle  Street, and Terry Barnard Bell Jr., 29, of a Town Park Drive in Rincon, were taken into custody.

The incident began near noon in Rincon where police observed a red Cadillac in an area where several burglaries had been reported. When they  approached the Cadillac, the occupants  displayed a pistol and drove away.

Rincon police pursued the car into Port Wentworth where it rammed a Port Wentworth police car attempting to initiate a stop.

Garden City police had set out stop sticks to puncture the tires. They did puncture a tire on the Cadillac and on a pursuing Port Wentworth police car.

In Savannah, the Cadillac veered off Ga.  21 onto Augusta Avenue, where Rincon Police Chief Mike Bohannon saw one of the men lean out a window and fire at his pursuing police car.

Bohannon took advantage of a vacant field at Augusta and Newell to “pit” the Cadillac, sending it sideways into the field.

He then drove into the field and struck the Cadillac with his patrol car.

Hall ran from the scene and was captured several blocks away on Eagle Street near his residence.