By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Strictly sexual
ConnectSavannah Import Default Image

Police were called to an Abercorn Street apartment in reference to a disorderly person.

A man and two women were outside the building arguing when police arrived. One of the women was taken into investigative custody, placed in a squad car and advised that she wasn’t under arrest, but was being detained until “things were sorted out”.

The man said the woman had been harassing him at his home by knocking on the door and cursing at him through the door. He said he had been involved in a “strictly sexual” relationship with the woman, but had ended it.

The second woman said she was with the man now. When the suspect came beating on his door, the woman said the suspect made some aggressive advances at her.

The suspect said she was dating the man and that he was cheating on her. She was released, advised to go home and not return under any circumstances.

• Police took two men into custody after they attempted to evade police in a stolen Chevy Silverado on April 23. A gun was found in the car.

A short chase began at 11:30 a.m. near Wheaton and Waters streets after the stolen vehicle was spotted. The chase ended when the suspects ran a stop sign at Anderson and Atlantic streets and hit a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

The suspects jumped out of the Silverado. Officers captured the driver as he tried to escape over a fence, and caught the passenger as he tried to shimmy his way under a house.

Jamaal Bostick, 19, was charged with several felony and traffic charges, including being in possession of a firearm in a school zone and felony hit and run. Terry Elmore, 22, was charged with theft by receiving, obstruction and criminal trespass.

• A couple was walking along Bay Street toward the Riverfront Marriott April 22 just after 10 p.m. when they were approached by two men. One of the suspects pulled out a gun and demanded the woman’s purse.

The suspects fled west on Bay Street. The man called 911 and told police where the suspects were headed, and police immediately surrounded the area, catching one of the suspects in Greene Square.

The second suspect, the one armed with the gun, was arrested a short time later. They were positively identified by the victims, and police were also able to recover the woman’s purse.

Sylvester Tyson, 20, was charged with aggravated assault, armed robbery, possession of a firearm in committing a crime, carrying a concealed weapon, and theft by receiving. Khasin Height, 17, was charged with armed robbery. Police said both suspects live on Gwinnett Street. The gun used in the robbery was stolen from a residence two days earlier.

A woman was charged with under-aged drinking after a police officer found her leaning on a car in her driveway with white foam around her mouth. Her eyes were watery and she smelled strongly of alcohol.

The woman was bleeding from her left leg after falling on some broken beer bottles that were shattered on her driveway. She couldn’t stand long enough to talk to the officer and had to be given a chair to avoid falling again.

EMS was called to the scene to treat the woman. Her husband was advised to watch her for at least two hours to make sure she didn’t vomit in her sleep and choke.

When asked why she was drinking, the woman said she has a lot of problems and that she misses her late father. A large bottle of alcohol was located in the woman’s residence.

• A West 54th Street resident told police she had an argument with her boyfriend earlier in the day. When it was time to take the man to work, the woman refused to take him.

The man became angry and assaulted the woman, striking her in the face and leaving a knot on her head above her right eye. The woman said the man choked her, then left for work.