By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
What part of 'Put your hands behind your head' didn't you understand?
ConnectSavannah Import Default Image

Police were called in reference to an intoxicated white male with a gun holding a baby outside a restaurant with a breakfast buffet. As the officer arrived, the subject was attempting to leave the premises in a pickup truck.

The officer followed him and turned on the sirens. The truck slowed, but did not pull over. The truck pulled into the back of a parking lot on Gateway Blvd and stopped. Another officer used his PA system to ask the man to step out of the vehicle. The driver got out and was told to put his hands on his head. He did not comply, even after several requests, and lit a cigarette instead. Officers asked the man if he had a weapon, and said that he did and it was behind the seat of his truck. When asked what he was doing at the restaurant the man said he was dropping off a kid. His speech was slurred and there was a clear odor of alcohol emanating from his person. The officer asked him if he had been drinking and the man said no, but that he had drank last night. He then refused a preliminary breath test and was arrested after being read implied consent and refusing the state administered alcohol test.

A drunk fellow called police to report that he was being threatened. He had a female friend over at his place for a visit, although he had no clue how to spell her name. He asked her to leave, and that started an argument. She finally left, and ever since then she and her son (whose name the subject was also unable to spell) have been making threats. The man stated that they threatened to “fuck me up” and “blow my head off.” The man wouldn’t give a reason why he had wanted his friend to leave. He was inebriated and couldn’t tell the officers where his friend lived exactly either.

Just before 8 a.m. a man returned home and found that someone had broken into his house. When an officer arrived, the victim explained that he had left around 11 p.m. and when he came home the window to the master bedroom had been broken and someone had taken two video game consoles and a handgun.

A woman called police to report that she had received a harassing phone call and that she believed was an employee from a health center where she was a patient. The woman said that she’d been in the office a few days earlier and seen an unknown black female who had previously had an altercation with members of her family. The unknown woman worked at the front desk of the health center. The victim told officers she believes the woman retrieved her name and phone number from her medical records. The caller said she knows where she lives and she said she and her brother is “going to drag them.”

Police were called regarding a male who was injured after jumping from a third story window. When they arrived on the scene, they found the 20–year old he told police that he only had minor injuries, that he had jumped by his own volition and had not been pushed, and that he was freaking out because of an adverse reaction to some illegal substance he taken earlier.

Around 2 a.m. police were dispatched to the bus station in reference to a cutting. They found a man with several lacerations on his face. The victim told police he knew who his assailant was, that he’d known him for a few years and could also identify his vehicle. He said the attack was completely unprovoked. Officers in Port Wentworth found the man and the attack weapon at an apartment building. He was taken into custody without incident.