Bethesda Academy announces that their new William H. Ford Museum and Visitor Center, on its 650-acre campus at 9520 Ferguson Ave., will open to the public on March 23.
The new museum will be open Thu.-Sat. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission is $7 per person. A special rate of $5 per person will be available through the month of March.
Originally founded in 1740 by George Whitefield and James Habersham as a home for orphans, Bethesda is the oldest child care facility in America. Over the past three centuries, Bethesda has served more than 10,000 boys.
Built to honor the legacy of Rev. William H. Ford, Sr. and his 19 years of exceptional service as Bethesda’s superintendent, the William H. Ford Museum and Visitor Center will celebrate the institution’s history and legacy.
Located on the main floor of Burroughs Hall, which was originally built in 1870, the new museum and visitor center features 2,200 square feet of exhibition space and includes state-of-the-art interactive exhibits, photographs, video, oral histories and artifacts.
“This museum has been strategically designed to make the Bethesda story engaging, entertaining and accessible to a wide range of audiences,” said Jody Marcil, owner of Jody Marcil Design Studio in St. Augustine, Fla., the company that designed the exhibitions at Bethesda. “Bethesda played an important role in our nation’s history. We are honored to share Bethesda’s story.”
Today, Bethesda Academy is a successful school with a curriculum designed specifically around the ways boys learn most effectively. The school features a wildlife management program, an on-site video production studio, an organic farming program and a nationally-ranked chess team. Bethesda Academy alumni have gone on to enjoy successful careers in a range of fields including business, medicine and professional sports.
To learn more about Bethesda’s new museum and visitor center, please contact Andrea Dove at 912.644.4376 or email@example.com.