Savannahians decking the halls are reminded to save those Christmas trees after the holidays are over for the Bring One for the Chipper recycling event.
Bring One for the Chipper will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 4, at various locations. Christmas tree mulch will be used by the City for parks and neighborhood beautification projects throughout Savannah.
The free service is available at the following locations:
· Home Depot, 11180 Abercorn
· Home Depot, 190 Pooler Parkway
· Home Depot, 1901 Victory Drive
· Dean Forest Landfill, 1325 Dean Forest Rd.
· Bacon Park Transfer Station, Shorty Cooper Rd.
Bring One for the Chipper has been a holiday tradition in Georgia for 20 years and is the largest tree recycling program in the nation. The event is sponsored by the City of Savannah, Keep Savannah Beautiful, Georgia Power and Home Depot.